Tuesday 10 November 2009

What is it with Suffolk Hills?



Hello again.

While the Suffolk lanes are filled with huge trucks collecting sugar beet from the fields, a detour or two is inevitable. Today I squeezed past two articulated lorries being loaded on my usual route and set off some kind of proximity alarm.

I guess a beet on the head from that height might have hurt a bit!

So I changed my route for the return and ended up riding further than I intended. I planned a very short ride anyway, so a couple of extra miles didn't hurt.

Plus, I found some hills I'd forgotten about.

Suffolk hills are odd: too short to get settled into a proper rhythm (and the right gear) and too sharp to just fly up regardless, unless you're in very good shape already.

Better shape than I am in right now.

Today, my feet were cold, my knees were aching and I proved to myself I definitely haven't been out enough lately.

But I will be stronger tomorrow!

Roy
PS. I also need a new touring bike for next year's expedition. Evans Cycles and Wiggle both have some great deals on at this time of year. Click on their banners to see what they can offer you.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home