Sunday 9 May 2010

A Good Two Weeks and More to Come

It's now two weeks since we got back from Yorkshire. Life can't be bad when even training gives you memories to treasure, but that's the truth of it for the four of us.

We enjoyed the Dales so much that we're working out how we can fit in another training weekend in that glorious countryside. We certainly need to keep up the training momentum.

Next weekend we'll be in the Cotswolds. The official British Heart Foundation event is on Sunday, and we'll be taking that in, plus we'll no doubt put in some good miles on Saturday. I may also ride across to Newmarket on Friday, as I did two weeks ago. That takes an hour off the driving for John and gets us to our start point at a reasonable time.

Two weeks ago I navigated to Newmarket by the sun, having failed to memorise the route as well as I thought. Luckily, it's due west from Bury St Edmunds! Stay south of the A14 and you can hardly miss Newmarket.

Since then I've only had three rides, totalling a mere 60 miles, but my fitness level is definitely up on three weeks ago. Another ride early this week, plus the Cotswold weekend, and I'm sure I'll be another step nearer the level I need to reach by September.

More miles would have been good but I'm confident we're all progressing and we'll get to Paris in good enough form to make the trip glorious rather than torturous!

Either way, it will be one to remember for a lifetime. We'll be able to bore people for decades!

Roy

PS. I'm still looking for that sponsored bike! Here I am with the one I've been using so far. I'm wearing the jersey that Shutt VR kindly sent me. The soft toy is called Charlie, and he'll be busy fund raising for St Nicholas Hospice Appeal this summer, although he might come along for the ride sometimes. His website is at http://www.thefiftyquidchallenge.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home