Thursday 4 March 2010

Training for the Training


JR has just shared the route for our 'L'etape de Dales' training weekend next month (!) which is 82 miles across the Yorkshire Dales from Howarth to Kirkby Stephen and 72 miles back the next day.

Now, the dales aren't the Alps but they're not Suffolk 'hills' either, so I'll be stepping up the mileage and the pace from now on to get myself fit enough for the training - or it could all be very embarrassing when I fall off on the first real hill!

I jumped at the chance to do the Paris to Venice trip and I will be ready - but there's a lot of work to do to get there.

One thought occured to me last night. I'll be two weeks short of my 54th birthday when we arrive in Venice and, assuming it hasn't killed me, I'll be the fittest I have ever been in my life.

I've run half marathons (quite quickly on a couple of occasions), done a 5-minute mile and was even a decently fast sprinter. I've played a bit of football, but I've never been as fit or strong as I will be at the end of September this year.

That's an exciting thought!

Roy

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home