Thursday 4 March 2010

Back to the Hill

Today's training ride felt about 30% better than a couple of days ago. Progress was certainly helped by the tailwind on the outward leg - not that I really noticed the tailwind, I just congratulated myself on being stronger than I expected!

Anyway, with a bit more time set aside, I made it back to 'my' hill at Hartest for the first time in a few weeks. It's still there, you'll be pleased to hear and still supposedly the steepest hill in Suffolk, even if my photographic skills don't reflect that:

As you can see, it was a beautifully sunny afternoon and the floods of last weekend had reverted to puddles and few run-offs. I made good time to the top of Hartest hill and almost as good time back again, despite the headwind.

It's a long way short of the Alps and not even comparable to Yorkshire's hills, but a ride in the Suffolk countryside is a very pleasant way to spend an hour or two and inch a little closer to fitness - whatever that is!

Roy

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home