Wednesday 15 February 2012

No, I Didn't Hibernate

It might have seemed like a good idea, and motivation through the winter hasn't been easy, even while the weather stayed mild, but my lack of posts on here don't entirely reflect my level of exercise over the past four months.

Not exactly, anyway.

But today's brief dash into town (all of about ten minutes each way) was my first ride for a few weeks. That's why I thought I should post my plans for this year on here so that I will at least be accountable to you.

On 30th June, I plan to take part in the Dunwich Dynamo - an overnight ride from London to the Suffolk coastal town of Dunwich. I've never ridden overnight, so, although it's not a mammoth undertaking like Paris to Venice it will still be quite a stiff challenge. The distance is around 120 miles, which is near enough the same as my longest ever ride in one day, although that was over twenty years ago!

Hopefully, JR of the Paris to Venice team will join me. The ride is free to enter, by the way, and it should be possible to arrange transport back to London if you book as soon as the website is updated, so why not join us?

To prepare for the Dynamo I'll probably do the Norwich 50 or 100 and the St Edmundsbury Wheel. One is at the end of  May and the second is mid June. 

To prepare for the preparation I will have to do a bit more than ten minutes to the shops!

Roy

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home