Tuesday 10 August 2010

Some More Good Miles

A couple of quickish 20-mile rides weren't enough to keep up the momentum for Paris to Venice, but a 40-miler on Sunday was more useful.

John and I rode northwards from Bury St Edmunds for about 21 miles, navigating the unfamiliar lanes more or less by the compass on John's Garmin, until we found some familar roads and ended our joint ride in Harling. By this time it had been raining quite hard for a while, and we parted company for John to carry on northwards to his home, while I retraced our route (more or less) due southwards and back into Bury St Edmunds.

Riding with John always means riding a bit faster and stronger than I would on my own, and I tried to keep that level up on the return ride. So I felt well-exercised by the time I got home.

A decent ride, despite the rain!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home