Sunday 27 June 2010

How You Can Help

I'm cycling from Paris to Venice in September and raising money for two very deserving causes that each make a massive difference to the lives of the people they support.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MS Society helps sufferers of MS and their families to cope with the desease as well as helping research into new treatments. Hopefully, they'll find a cure one day soon.

Make a Wish Foundation make dreams come true for hundreds of seriously ill children every year. Both these causes are dear to my heart. I hope they are to yours, too.

Just go to either of my JustGiving pages to donate to your preferred charity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PS. Quick update on training. I've covered about 85 miles over the last three days, experimenting a little with eating versus not eating before the ride. Of course, on a long ride we all need to refuel regularly, but the initial hour seems to go a lot better for not eating carbs in the hour or so beforehand. Anyway, training is going well at last, although my old bike has developed a few more creaks. This weekend we'll be tackling the Yorkshire Dales again.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger peter@mynextrace.com said...

hey I am thinking of cycling myself from Bar le duc (near Paris) to Venice - early October - I have a conference to attend in Venice and a cousin at the start in france to kick things off

have you figured out how many km's this is and what is the best route?

I will make a donation for your advice!




Peter

28 June 2010 at 01:36  
Blogger Roy Everitt said...

Hi Peter - sorry I only just saw your comment.

Hope I'm not too late to answer it usefully. Our route is around 1400km, or 900 miles.

We'll be heading eastwards through Troyes, towards Colmar, Freiburg, then south into the Alps, through Switzerland, Leichtenstein and Austria. We'll also take in the Dolomites near Cortina.

I'm not sure it's the 'best' route, but it involves lots of climbing. We'll be crossing the Alps into Italy at over 2400m, avoiding the Brenner Pass because we thought it would be too easy :-)

Here's the route map on our L'Express blog: http://web.me.com/jeremy_rushton/LExpress_2010/The_Route.html

I think it will be tough, but we're all looking forward to the challenge.

Good luck with your ride, too.

Roy

20 August 2010 at 23:57  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home