Tuesday 24 August 2010

Nice And Easy Does It!

Trying to get into a daily riding routine is a good idea if you plan a long ride like our Paris to Venice expedition, but only if you observe the basics and take care of yourself.

By trying to to do short, quickish rides on three consecutive days I've somehow managed to strain my back slightly. I don't really get back trouble, so this is doubly annoying. Also, changing the pedals for some with tighter toeclips meant I also slightly tweaked my right hip, so I'll be changing those back before I ride again.

Then yesterday I managed to spill hot oil down my shin while removing some roasted pork from the oven. The nurse says I should be fine, but I'm going to rest for a couple of days!

Some good news is my self-inflating bed mat arrived this morning, so I now have all the equipment I need - if you don't count the new bike I was hoping for!

Now I've enabled email updates I will be able to maintain this blog during the trip itself. We set off from home next Friday, 3rd, and leave Paris on Saturday afternoon on the start of our two-week trek.

So there's still plenty of time to sponsor me.

Roy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home